Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do Something That Scares You Everyday

I just put "The Bit" in her little Winnie the Pooh dress. And she did another first. While I was putting her arm into the sleeve, she moved it perfectly so that her arm slipped right in with no effort from me. It was surprising, and very adorable.

The other arm, I had to move into place like usual. I've been dressing her for almost 7 months now, and it still scares me a little. When she was newborn, it really freaked me out to try to get such gentle, tiny arms and legs into clothes. But the deal is, you have to do it. Babies need clothes, arms need to be bent, legs flexed into position.

I feel like maybe I've played it too safe in my life. And now I have to do things that terrify me sometimes. It's my daughters life if I make a mistake. And yet here I am, honestly happy about it. Even amazingly relaxed, both my wife and I according to friends. A welcome change I never saw coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment